Dennis E. Michels, CFP®
Senior Vice President—Investments
Dennis graduated from the University of Michigan with a Bachelor's degree in economics, and continued his career-related studies to earn the professional certification of CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™. To retain this certification, he must meet continuing education, ethics and work experience criteria.
Dennis has contributed to the Orlando Sentinel Business Section, the Orlando Business Journal, several professional trade publications and has been quoted on financial planning topics in USA Today. Dennis is active in many professional organizations including the Estate Planning Conference Committee of the Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Florida Bar (Affiliate, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section).
Dennis Michels provides investment management and financial planning services, primarily to business owners and institutions. Those who seek to work with Dennis usually have $1 million or more in investable assets.
Each investment portfolio is tailored specifically to the needs of the client. No two portfolios are alike. Our portfolio management philosophy employs three basic principles:
1. Performance - we seek to design and implement portfolios that deliver solid long term performance in all types of markets.
2. Prudent Asset Allocation – a key to investment success is to allocate investment dollars among asset classes which exhibit a low correlation to one another. This means that the investments don't typically march in lock - step with one another.
3. Active Monitoring - once the custom portfolio has been designed and implemented, it must be diligently monitored and maintained.
We continuously assess tax implications as we make recommendations to help maintain proper asset class balances.
Addressing Complex Issues
It is common for wealthy business owners and their families to own an array of assets in multiple portfolios in an attempt to achieve different estate and financial planning goals. From charitable remainder trusts to family foundations, each entity has its own unique tax ramifications. These unique characteristics often require different investment strategies to achieve the stated goals.
Dennis Michels works with a highly skilled team of financial experts who make sure clients’ issues are covered from every angle. We partner with our clients to help them articulate a clear vision for achieving financial success. Once the vision is established and goals are identified we design and implement the process for achieving those goals.
Dennis is very involved with his church, 1st Presbyterian Church of Orlando, and other ministry related activities. Some of these activities include:
- Crown Ministry class leader and Crown Ministry church coordinator
- Mercy Drive Ministries board member
- Overseas mission team planning committee
- Mission team leader
- Mentor, After School Outreach Ministry
Additional community activities include:
- Editor, Central Florida FICPA newsletter
- Rotary Club of Orlando Board of Directors
- Rotary International Service Chairman
Moors and Cabot does not offer tax advice and that any tax questions related to their investments should be directed to their tax advisor.
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA’s BrokerCheck